How does Step-Hear® work?
- The system consists of a base unit and a wrist/necklace activator.
- The base unit and activator are both transceivers.
- The wrist activator has 3 buttons on it; each may trigger a different function.
- When a person comes in range of a Step-Hear unit/module, the wrist activator begins to vibrate and beep notifying that a Step Hear unit/module is nearby.
- Pressing a button on the activator will remotely activate the Step-Hear unit to play a pre-recorded message or trigger a function (changing the pedestrian crossing light to green).
- A person may be guided to the exact point of the unit (above an entrance) by hearing the audio message. The message may be played over and over by pressing the button on the activator.